Sunday, June 23, 2013

36 Weeks Pregnancy Update

36 Weeks Pregnant

9 Months


36 week baby bump

36 week baby bump

Fun in the sun, Summer is officially here! Playing with my little boys cousins (my nephews and nieces)

Corona Del Mar, loving these littles <3

This week I was brave and thought "i might as well try on my pre prego skinny jeans before i go into labor and never know if they still fit".. I hadnt wore jeans in months because its been so hot, i've mostly stuck to skirts, dresses and leggings, so i had no clue if theyd fit still.  So happy to say at 9 months pregnant they still fit and even button! Wooohoo!



How far along: 36 Weeks pregnant (and two days now), 9 Months pregnant 



Weight Gain: 21 lbs (not sure if i had a little water weight or what but went down -.4 lbs so im about 21 [20.8] They say you can lose weight right before labor, towards the end, so I guess we'll see next week if i gain or lose or stay the same)




Stretch Marks: none

Belly Button: OUT

Wedding Rings On/Off:  On

Movement: VERY VEERY active still! The nurse keeps telling me each week that he will be less active once he has less room to move around, but this little guys somehow finds a way to still be a crazy ninja in there day and night.

Feeling: Really good. I got a bad sun burn at the beach thanks to my moms "NEW ORGANIC " sunscreen that didnt do any screening or protecting whatsoever! OUCH! Thats been very uncomfortable the last day and a half.  Getting a little but more uncomfortable and realizing im limited in what i can do these days with a big ol' belly. 


Cravings: chocolate here and there. Fresh food, healthy food. nothing new really



Symptoms:  Im still eating spicy foods, late at night, and big meals and havent had too much of a problem with heart burn yet. I have a numbness on my right upper rib under my right breast still (mostly while sitting). Sleepy around 3pm, then i get a second wind later in the evening. 


Pre labor signs:  
The Dr. Checked me this week (ill have weekly check ups starting now) and I was 60% effaced, and baby is at station -2. This means his head is down in my pelvis! I wasnt dialted yet, so we will see what happens at our next dr.'s visit.   My hips are achy at different times of the day.  I have had cramps in my lower abdomen almost every day now..they feel like menstrual cramps (mostly in the morning or while working out).  I also have had this pinching, sharp, tickly feeling in my cervix area still (the nurse said this is the baby on my nerves around the cervix). I get this pinching feeling often.  We did the B Strep test and will get our results monday.



Missing: feeling in control of what my bodies going through... with all these weird painful symptoms, feeling uncomfortable, and having the worst sun burn ive ever had to date, its hard for me to just relax and wait this out. Im starting to get really anxious about when hes going to come. 

Looking Forward to: Our next dr's visit (to check progression) and labor! AHHH i cant believe ill be full term in 5 days! He can come safely any time after that. My brain is just now starting to acknowledge whats about to happen! pregnancy will be over soon and our sweet little angel will forever be ours.

Sleep: its the same. I wake up at least 2 times for bathroom trips. (2-3 most nights now). My shoulders and hips hurt so i usually end up on my back (BAD, but i cant help it).

Exercise: still doing it, as hard as it is now (with having to pee every 15-20 mins, cramps, and that leg heaviness that comes and goes), i know i will happy i did after so i push myself to do it.  This week I did 2 light weight training days, and 5 days of cardio. I am so relaxed and dont put pressure on myself to have an intense work out, i just want to keep movement a part of my routine....and now i see it as helping the baby move down further in my pelvis and helping labor progress (which has definitely helped motivate me this week, as ive been more and more tired in the afternoons).


Update: I took care of the baby insurance. We installed the base and carseat into my hubbys car (still need to get it checked to make sure it was done correctly as well as install the other base into my car). We cleaned our home together (but we'll have to keep doing this every week to maintain and make sure its ready for out little boy). We finished all of his laundry, packed our hospital bags, and my car is just about clean and ready to go (did a couple recalls i had on my car), i just need to clean out the trunk a little more.  

Count down: FULL TERM IN 5 DAYS!!!! Due in 3 weeks and 5 days (or less, i hope!)! Which means he could come safely any time between 5 days and 4 weeks from now! 

When i first found out i was pregnant i measured right where my belly button is and i was 27" ... I measured again at 30 weeks(+3 days) and i was 34 1/2 inches. I measured again at 32 weeks (+4 days) and i was 35 1/2 inches, i measured at 34 wks (+2 days) i was 35 1/2 still, at 35 weeks i was 36 inches, and at 36 weeks i was 36 1/2 inches right at the widest part of the belly button area. Its neat to watch how quickly the belly grows during the last trimester.. i wish i had measured weekly the entire pregnancy but i forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment