Sunday, December 22, 2013

Our Baby Boy Is 5 Months Old!


Our Baby Boy Is 5 Months Old!





































My happy, sweet, adorable, lovely, darling baby boy is 5 months old! Im going to freak out next month when hes halfway to being 1 year old! I am SO not ready for that. He still seems so tiny and like such a baby to me, Im going to have such a hard time one day when I realize how big hes gotten. For now Im in denial. I am enjoying my "infant" (supposedly they are "infants" until they are 6 months old) cuddling him closely, and soaking up all the love and attention he gives me. I know one day not too far away he will be crawling away and then running! I want to remember all of him, every inch of adorable baby fat, every deliciously chubby wrinkle on his legs, neck, and tummy, the way he smiles at me right after he eats, his soft silky hand brushing against my arm or my chest as he nurses, the energetic happy kicks he does all day long, his squeals, squeaks, yelps, and giggles. The way he looks at me when faced with a big group of people, as though he wants me to rescue him and hold him close. The smell of his hair, his cheeks, and his breath. The softness of his tummy, his buns, and his feet.  The splashes he has started to make in the bath. The way he is ticklish now. The flirty faces hes made since he was born, his adorable tummy and hands trying to prop him up as he now SITS, yes, he sits! Ahh! His side profile is just the dreamiest little thing i have ever seen, his hair is a couple inches now on the top and spikes up if we put water in it.. otherwise it lays flat and does a little swoop at the end on his forehead to the side, his tiny little neck and his pointy chin, his delicious lips that are always rosey and so lucious and filled with drool, the way he puckers and sticks out his tongue. The way he wraps his arms around me and holds me in his tiny hands. The sweet sounds he makes to let me know hes awake from his nap or from his long night of sleep. His eyebrows always have such a concerned look on them when hes curious, which is another thing i love.. he is so so observant and curious. He is calm in a crowd and crazy at home. He is so playful, so cuddly, so loving, so gentle, so excited, so so sweet and also lets you know exactly what he wants.  I want to remember all of it. I wish I could. I already have forgotten so much, I know its not possible to remember every single detail,.. but i want to so I will journal and remember as much as my mind will allow. 

My sweet baby boy, Happy 5 months... now lets freeze time and stay here for a longer moment. . . because im pretty sure this is my favorite stage. Although i've said that every month of your life. [hehe]

This past month (things to save for my memory):
He moved from his bassinet at night into his crib. No complications, he did fine because he was use to it from naps. 
He rolls around everywhere, sometimes i find him sideways in his crib or facing the opposite direction
He can sit!
He is going through the 4 months sleep regression (still, going on week 3 now with only some improvement), struggling mostly with naps but a few nights have been rough too. 
He can sometimes put his pacifier back into his mouth if its in his hand.. he's working on it. 
He finally switched from the baby soothie paci's to a big boy 0-6 month Avent pacifier
Hes wearing 3-6 month clothes or 4-6 month.. His 0-3 months dont fit, most 3 months dont fit anymore. 
He has started kicking his legs and splashing around in the bath, he loves it!
He seems to be interested in big people food, but still havent introduced solids (dr makes us wait until 6 months).
I've started to allow him to watch Baby Einstein and age appropriate videos for 20 minutes a day to get him to do more tummy time (he still hates tummy time after 5 or so minutes unless hes distracted. But he holds himself up great and his head doesnt bobble anymore.. hes a big boy!)
His current favorite toy is STILL the piano where he plays it with his feet. 
He started using the bouncer last month (with a blanket behind his back since hes still pretty tiny width wise).


xo



1 comment:

  1. Such a cute post! Your son is adorable!
    I love that onesie he is wearing in the first photo with the bunny :) Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete