Saturday, February 1, 2014

Healthy Recipes & Ideas: What I've Been Eating Lately


Healthy Recipes & Ideas: What I've Been Eating Lately


Here are some healthy, delicious, and quick (for the most part) meals & recipes i've been making lately. I love love love to cook so I'm in the kitchen 5-6 nights a week making dinner after my little one goes to bed. There really is nothing better than filling my families tummies with delicious and nutritious meals, sharing laughs and talking for hours. Life around the table is truly where its at.  Around the table is where my husband and I are able to look eye to eye at one another and share our day, our dreams, our needs, and enjoy a moment with no other distractions.  



Dinner: I grilled up some chicken breast with Trader Joe's Garlic Cooking sauce (its the best!!! Super delicious and easy).  I through those teeny potatoes in the oven with some olive oil, fresh rosemary, and seasoned them.  I sautéed Brussels sprouts in coconut oil with a couple minced up pieces of TJ's nitrate free Turkey bacon (season with seat salt and black pepper).  I added a side salad of spinach, gorgonzola cheese, and pecans with a homemade vinaigrette dressing (1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp dijon mustard, 1 tsp agave nectar or honey, salt and pepper. Sometimes i add a little fresh garlic or berry jam). 

Dinner: Sirloin steak (grilled with steak seasoning and garlic), sweet potato with coconut oil, TJ's spicy wasabi edamame pre made salad (SO delicious, spicy and sweet!).


Quick 3 minute Dessert: Pumpkin Mug Cake- I have to admit this was my first mug cake. It was really simple to make, I had all of the ingredients in my pantry and was craving something sweet. I used left over dark chocolate covered raisons just to give it a chocolately flavor.  Chocolate chips or nutella would've been way better!  

1 egg (i used two egg whites)
2 tablespoons almond milk
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
7 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar (or a substitute)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon salt


 Mix all together, add in the chocolate chips. Pour into a medium sized mug. Cook in microwave for 1 1/2 mins. Make sure there is no overflow and then cook an additional 1 1/2 minutes if it needs it.


Garnish with Whipped Cream (well, of course!)


Dinner:  Grilled Almond and Hazlenut Crusted Salmon with quinoa. Trader Joe's sells this crusted salmon, i grilled it in 1-2 tbspn of coconut oil and a little maple syrup (yep, so sweet and savory!).  


Mix together Feta cheese, white Corn (cooked), Organic black beans, and lemon juice.


Add in cooked Quinoa and chop up some avocado. Salt and pepper to taste. You can put in a tiny bit of cayenne pepper for a kick if you're into spicy (i always am!).  
This is seriously SOOOO good by itself but we decided to top it off with a bed of lettuce underneath and TJ's Pineapple mango Salsa! YUM!!




Im drooling over this meal! And it takes 20 mins tops!


Dinner: Grilled Chicken Breast in Tj's Garlic Sauce (show above), Tj's Garlic Naan (it comes frozen, you pop it in the oven for 5 mins and its done! Its so worth it, easy and so yummy), Steamed broccoli with steak seasoning, and a side of quinoa with butter or olive oil and sea salt (you can also do a little lemon). 


Breakfast: Paleo, gluten free pancakes! 3 ingredients: 1 Banana,  a pinch of cinnamon, and 1 egg! Stir together and grill on the stove with 1 tbspn of coconut oil. Makes 3 little pancakes.






I would love to hear from you what your favorite healthy mess are..i would even love for you to share the recipe!  Also, let me know if you try anything from this little blog of mine. 

I hope you ladies enjoy!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment