Tuesday, April 29, 2014

What We Wear: Florals With Edge

What We Wear: Florals With Edge


Ladies I am loving florals this season and this flowly crop top bell sleeve is perfection.  You can pair it with a high waisted skirt, shorts or some levis.  I love a good casual top that is comfortable but is still dressy and makes me feel like im out of my "mom clothes" of sweats or yoga pants.  This top is sheer and a chiffon breezy material perfect for Spring and Summer. I'll be doing a separate post on this adorable personalized bar necklace Ryder Smith Jewelry sent me within the next week or so, so be sure to check out their shop as well! Being a mom makes it that much more difficult to get dolled up, do my hair, put on some makeup, and especially throw on some fancy heels, but it really does feel good to get dressed up at least once or twice a week and feel like yourself again. I've talked with a couple of you ladies about how to take care of yourself after having a baby: how to lift your spirits and feel like you've still got it.. questioning if you've turned into a blob of "hair in a bun, spit up on your shirt and down your neck, baby food on your shoulder, and microwavable dinners at best".  I think the secret is self care. Make sure to take moments to yourself each day, and a date with yourself, your man, or your ladies each week.  DO something independet from babies, as hard as it is to leave them, TRUST ME, Its hard, but its worth it in the long run for that much needed "me" time.  It helps you keep your identity and not get swallowed up in being selfless 24/7 thinking about everyone else in your family but yourself. Sometimes its good to just go pamper yourself with a little lipstick and some starbucks, even if you just go for an hour and read a book or go for a walk. Sounds silly but it works.








*photography by: Kelsey Steindler

What are your favorite Spring trends? I would love to hear about them!


Floral Bell Sleeve Crop Top c/o Mad Glam Boutique
Bar Necklace c/o Ryder Smith Jewelry here & here)
Purse Vintage (old, similar below)
Black high waisted Skinny Levis (bel0w)
Suede stiletto heel (similar below)









No comments:

Post a Comment